Many wonder, what is procedure to join FIA ( Federal investigation agency ). Here I will try to give brief details as much possible. These details I learned while trying to join FIA several times.
Now a day to gain a prestigious position in reputed government organisations is a dream of every
young educated person. To make their dream true they work hard and looking for opportunities.
Currently, an advertisement is published by the Federal Public Service Commission ( FPSC).
For the recruitment of several posts. The notable ones are Assistant Director and Inspector Federal
The application is invited into two categories:
1. ELEVEN ASSISTANT DIRECTORS (INVESTIGATION) (BS-17) TEMPORARY LIKELY TO BE
PERMANENT, FEDERAL INVESTIGATION AGENCY, MINISTRY OF INTERIOR.
2. SIXTY TWO INSPECTORS (INVESTIGATION) (BS-16), TEMPORARY, LIKELY TO BE PERMANENT,
FEDERAL INVESTIGATION AGENCY, MINISTRY OF INTERIOR.
Firstly we are trying to know some basic knowledge about FIA and it’s working.
What is FIA:
FIA stands for Federal Investigation Agency. FIA also termed as Federal Police, Federal Anti
Corruption Department etc. It is a superior law enforcement agency. Established under the
the act of parliament 1974.
FIA’s Professional Mandate:
1. The investigation into specialized and organized crime.
2. Immigration and Anti Smuggling
3. Personal Identification Secure Comparison and Evaluation System(PISCES Computerized
Control and Exit.
4. Anti Human Smuggling and Trafficking.
5. Counter Terrorism(Special Investigation Group).
6. Money Laundering( Excluding narcotics and anti-corruption proceed).
automated Finger Print Identification System(AFIS).
8. Cyber Crime and Plastic Money Fraud.
9. Intellectual Property Rights(IPR).
10. 9. Interpol (National Central Bureau).
11. 10. National Criminal Database(NCDB).
12. 11.Forensic and Technical Support.
13. 12. Training and Capacity Building.
|Image Source: FIA official.|
The aspirant is directed to make their online registration through FPSC official website. After they
start preparing for their test.
This test is in two parts;
First is written which is based on MCQs of 100 marks start from 6th January 2019.
The candidate who passed the written according to commission merit criteria called for their
psychological and interview.
Syllabus for both post AD and the inspector is same.
Objective Type Test (MCQ)
English = 20 Marks
Vocabulary, Grammar Usage, Sentence Structuring.
General Intelligence / Professional Test= 80 marks
• Basic Arithmetic.
• Current Affairs.
• Pakistan Affairs and Islamic Studies.
• Everyday /General Science
• FIA Act, 1974
Note :(Equal weight for each topic at Part 2)
Sources for Preparation :
According to my view, the following things are enough for preparation
English portion contains Part of speech their usage, synonym antonyms, Idioms, correction
of errors, active and passive voices and Direct and indirect.
For all this I suggest any of the three books;
i. English (Grammar and Composition ) by Hafiz Karim Dad Chughtai.
ii. Exploring the world of English by
Syed Saadat Ali Shah.
iii. English Grammar by Wren and Martin.
2.Basic Arithmetic :
GRE book, NTS GAT (Gen) book, class 6th and 7th maths book.
3. Current Affairs :
Make regular views of newspapers and be aware of the latest happenings.
4. Pakistan Affairs and Islamic
5. Everyday /General Science:
From Caravan Publishers General Knowledge MCQS by Ahmed Najib.
6.FIA Act 1974:
It is available on the FIA official website.
In addition to above go through all past MCQS papers of CSS compulsory, FPSC and
Working /Jobs Duties of FIA Employees :
There are two types of jobs Done by FIA personal
• Totally field work
• Court work
• Immigration at the air port
• Gathering information
• Conducting Inquiries
• Registration of case /FIR
2. Ministerial :
• Totally office work
• Maintaining Records