Fortnite lovers want to know how to find the Rail Gun and Recon Scanner in Chapter 3 of Season 2 of Fortnite.The latest hotfix for Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 adds two new weapons for the latest wild week. The Rail Gun and Recon Scanner are things that players who were around in Chapter 2 Season 7 will remember. They were made to deal with the alien attack by the IO, who were pretending to be the good guys.
Today, around 9 a.m. EST, the second wild week, called Rail Gun Recon Week, began. The Rail Gun and Recon Scanner are back in the game, but only for a week.
Both of these weapons were a bit harder to find back then. Here’s where to find them in Season 2 of Chapter 3.
How to get the Rail Gun and Recon Scanner in Fortnite is to open IO chests?
The Imagined Order used to make the two weapons, but now they can be found in the standard loot pool. You can get the Rail Gun and the Recon Scanner from floor loot, normal chests, and IO chests.
You can’t buy them at a vending machine and you can’t find them at a supply drop. IO chests might be the best place to look for them. Since they are IO weapons, they can drop from IO chests, which gives them a slightly better chance of doing so.
They only come in three rarities: rare, epic, and legendary. These are both good guns that will be hard to find. But players will want to find them for more than one reason.
From what the Fortnite Wiki says:
The Fortnite Wiki says that the Recon Scanner doesn’t do much damage, but it is a very useful weapon:
Because of these things, gamers will want to find these guns. But, as with all Wild Weeks, the new weapons come with their own challenges. Last week, players were given tasks to do with weapons that were turned sideways. This week, they need to do the following:
- The Rail Gun does 500/2500/10000 damage to opponents.
- Use the Recon Scanner to mark enemy players (5/25/100).
- Use the rail gun to aim for the head.
- The Rail Gun can do damage from 50 meters or further away.
- Within 30 seconds of scanning an opponent, deal damage to them.
- Use a scanner grenade to hit an enemy.
- In one match, you get a Recon Scanner and a Rail Gun.
- These challenges and weapon spawns are live and will give players some Fortnite Chapter 3 Season XP.